The following notice applies to all Mount Joy Borough Parks:
Pursuant to a resolution enacted by the Mount Joy Borough Council on March 12, 1979, the following rules and regulations are hereby adopted to govern the orderly use of all recreation areas operated and maintained by The Borough of Mount Joy. Regulations 13 and 14 are hereby adopted pursuant to councilmanic action of October 1, 1962 and May 4, 1964, respectfully.
These recreation areas are meant for the enjoyment of the general public. Please respect the rights of others to use them as such. Violations of any of the provisions set forth may result in prosecution under the law.
- Hours: All parks shall be open to the public from dawn to dusk unless otherwise posted, or permission is granted by the Mount Joy Borough Council. Certain areas may be restricted from use.
- Speed – 15 m.p.h. maximum
- Parking – designated areas only
- Repairs – in emergencies only
- Washing, Waxing, etc. – prohibited
- Operation – on roadways or specially designated area only
- Bicycles – must be kept out of marked areas
- Intoxicating Beverages: Possession or use of alcoholic or malt beverages in the parks is prohibited. Persons under the influence of intoxicating beverages shall not be permitted in the parks.
- Tobacco Use: Consumption and use of tobacco products at all municipally owned parks, parks facilities, sports fields and playgrounds is prohibited.
- Animals: No animals shall be brought into the parks except domestic animals on a leash not more than four feet in length. Any person bringing an animal into a park shall clean up after such animal.
- Gambling: No person shall engage in any kind of gambling at which money or other valuable things may or shall be played for, staked, or betted upon, unless otherwise specified by the Mount Joy Borough Council.
- Fires: No one is permitted to build a fire except in those areas designed for that purpose.
- Littering: No one is permitted to discard any form of waste material, paper, or rubbish, except in those containers supplied for that purpose.
- Injuring or Destroying Property: No person shall injure, deface, remove cut or damage any of the trees, plants, turf, buildings, structures or fixtures therein, or any other property of the borough within a park.
- Park Materials: No person shall gather or remove any wood, turf, soil, rock, sand, gravel or other materials stored at a park without written permission of the Borough.
- Firearms: No person shall discharge within any Borough park or Borough property any firearms, as that term is defined by Section 6120(b) of the PA Uniform Firearms Act, except for the justifiable use of force as authorized by Chapter 5 of the Pennsylvania Crimes Code. No person shall use or possess within any Borough park or Borough property, any bow and arrow, slingshot, air rifle or any other device (other than firearms as defined above) capable of throwing any projectile of any sort, including any, including hand throwing of rocks or stones intended to be used as weapons.
- Profane Language: No person shall use profane language within a park, or conduct themselves in any lewd, immoral, or commonly objectionable manner within a park, or conduct himself so as to annoy any other person using a park for recreational purposes.
- Concessions: No person shall set up any booth, table or stand, mobile or otherwise, for the sale of any article whatsoever, within the limits of a park, without written permission from the Mount Joy Borough Council.
- Athletic Activities: The playing of athletic games and athletic activities shall be confined to areas designated therefore, and no such activities shall be carried on in any other areas.
- Golfing: Playing golf in all Borough Parks in prohibited.
FOR INFORMATION CALL THE MOUNT JOY BOROUGH OFFICE AT (717) 653-2300
FOR EMERGENCY CALL 911 OR (717) 653-1650