THE LAKES PARK – 275 LAKESIDE CROSSING, MOUNT JOY.
This 7 acre park was established the summer of 2006. George Desmond, the developer of the Lakes Development, fully funded the project. The park consists of a play structure, pavilion, tennis and basketball courts and a ball field. This is another location where the community will use this park to play baseball / softball games. October 2008 this park was then dedicated to Mount Joy Borough.
The pavilion can also be used for gatherings such as birthday parties, picnics, etc. This pavilion however, is on a first come first serve basis.
PARK / PLAY AREA REGULATIONS
- NO smoking or pets within the play area
- NO littering or vandalism
- NO roughhousing or disorderly conduct
- NO abusive or profane language
- NO alcoholic beverages permitted
- Pets must be kept on a leash and shall clean up after such animal
- Playground closed at dusk
- Report any concerns to the Borough Office or Parks Department
- THE PLAYGROUND IS MEANT FOR THE USE OF OUR CHILDREN – PLEASE PLAY SAFELY !
TENNIS / BASKETBALL COURT REGULATIONS
- Rubber sole sneaker only
- Profane language strictly prohibited
- Bicycles, skateboards & rollerblades are not permitted
- Do not abuse nets!
- VIOLATORS SUBJECT TO PROSECUTION BY ORDER OF BOROUGH COUNCIL