Mount Joy Borough & East Donegal Twp. – Compost Site Now Open To Other Municipalities
MULCH DELIVERY– During May and June of 2017, the Public Works Dept. will be offering mulch delivery to the residents of the Borough. Please contact the Public Works Dept. at 653-8226 for additional information.
- First Come first serve basis
- Sign up Sheet at the Compost Facility during the month of April or call the Public Works Office.
- $15 delivery charge
- $20 per yard (loads from 1-5 cubic yards)
- Off street dump area must be provided
- Driver has the right to refuse delivery because of unsuitable site conditions
- Someone must be there to accept and pay for load at time of delivery.
- Deliveries will be on Fridays and Saturdays that correspond to open site hours.
- Cash or Check made out to Mount Joy Borough accepted.
- Traveling East towards Lancaster: Turn right onto South Barbara Street, go over the bridge and take a left. Follow to the stop sign and take a right onto South Jacob Street. Proceed on that road until you see the facility on the right side.
- Traveling West towards Elizabethtown: Turn left onto South Barbara Street, go over the bridge and take a left. Follow to the stop sign and take a right onto South Jacob Street. Proceed on that road until you see the facility on the right side.
2017 Compost Site Hours of Operation
- Beginning April 7, 2017 until November 18, 2017
Open every Friday from 3 PM- 6 PM and Saturday from 9 AM- 12 PM. Except April 14 &15, May 26 & 27, June 30, July 1 and September 1 & 2.
- Site is open to the residents of Mount Joy Borough and East Donegal Township. These residents are required to present a copy of their refuse bill at the time of drop off to avoid dumping charges. If you do not have a copy of your bill you can stop by the Borough Office to obtain a certificate of residency to take with you.
- Other Municipalities – there is a $10.00 charge to dump a pickup or small trailer load.
The following will be accepted:
- Woody Waste materials (ex. sticks and branches)
- Leaves – are process separately and differently than woody waste, therefore leaves need to be bagged separately. Also Borough residents are encouraged to utilize the curbside leaf pick-up service provided by the Borough during the month of November each year. This will also be advertised in the merchandiser.
- Christmas Trees
- Yard waste is not required to be bagged but, if you prefer to do so, Kraft bags can be purchased at the Borough Office or at the Milanof-Schock Library located at 1184 Anderson Ferry Road. There is a $0.50 charge per Kraft bag.
The following will not be accepted:
- Grass clipping
- Tree branches/trunks over 19″ in diameter and/or over 8′ in length
- Tree stumps
- Construction/demolition waste (ex. boards, etc.)
- Any material packaged in plastic bags will need to be dumped and removed from the plastic bag at the site. Plastic bags do not degrade in the composting process and therefore can not be accepted.
- $20 – Bark or Leaf Mulch if loaded by Public Works Attendant (April through June ONLY) / approximately 1,000 pounds
- $10 – Bark or Leaf Mulch if loaded by self
- $2.50– 1 bag of specialty mixed top soil/ approximately 60 pounds
- $2.50 – 1 bag of Bark or Leaf mulch/ approximately 50 pounds
- $15 – Specialty mixed top soil loaded by attendee/ approximately 1,000 pounds